Cybercrime costs the world $ 575 billion dollars (0.5% of global GDP). In Latin America and the Caribbean it costs us about US $ 90 billion dollars per year. Four out of five countries do not have cybersecurity strategies or critical infrastructure protection plans, and two out of three do not have a cyber security command and control center.
- Other numbers show the losses that cybercrimes cause to businesses.
- The insurer Allianz quantifies about 445,000 thousand dollars, of which half is in the top 10 world economies. The study points out that organizations of all sizes and industries are aware of the serious risks associated with cybersecurity but, however, large enterprises are the ones that detect the most incidents.
- Mexico, in cyber-security: -Only 19% of companies have computer security programs, compared to 40% globally.
An affected firm pays up to $ 20,000 to correct computer damage. –40% of the companies declare to have been victims of a hacking in 2015 and those that were not, they warn to be worried about it. According to the Organization of American States (OAS) “Security Trends in Latin America and the Caribbean” report, in Mexico alone the annual costs
generated by cybercrime in 2014 amounted to $ 3 billion, affecting the public, private sector And civil.
- Every second, 12 people online become a victim of cybercrime, making a total of more than 1 million victims worldwide each day.
- Data breaches and global security incidents for the year 2016, duplicate the incidents of the previous year.
- Malicious software grew at a record pace of 230,000 new threats per day in 2015 and the numbers are expected to be even worse in 2016.
- By 2015, more than three-quarters of the Fortune 500 companies were cyberattacked, and the average detection time was almost 146 days.
- In the year 2015, consumers worldwide lost $ 158 billion dollars due to cybercrime.
- 75% of the top 20 US banks are infected with malware.
- Ransomware attacks have increased 300% in 2016.
- 90% of cybersecurity incidents are the result of exploits exploiting source code defects.
Business Continuity — Disaster Recovery
Cybersecurity Consulting and Managed Services
Cybersecurity Strategic Consulting
IT Security Assessments: Common Criteria & Cryptographic Module ValidationOur proven processes and experienced security experts can help you quickly and cost-effectively certify your products to the standard required by many Government and civilian agencies.
Managed Security Services